The Boomer+ Cruise ClubBaby Boomers are those born between (and including) 1946 and 1964. Those born before 1946 are in what we call the "plus" group and not officially Boomers.
There are just two criteria to join the Boomer+ Cruise Club:
1. You have to be born before 1964; and
2. You have to be either an ocean or river cruise enthusiast.
We consider someone who cruises at least one to two times every 18 months a cruise enthusiast.
The purpose of the Boomer+ Cruise Club is to enhance its members’ cruising experiences. We do this making it easy to sail with cruise enthusiasts and like-minded people of a similar age. And we provide financial incentives on cruises taken as a Club member–irrespective of cruise line you sail on.
Look at the Club as a cross-cruise line loyalty program. The Club is being sponsored by Group Cruises Unlimited–a cruise agency affiliated with Cruises and Tours Unlimited of Jacksonville, FL through the OutsideAgents network.
Group Cruises Unlimited focuses its efforts on clients in your age group. It’s owned and operated by a senior who wants to make sure your travels are enjoyable and memorable. You are an elite class of people and are treated that way.
How it works
You join the Club by filling in the registration form you access at the Membership Signup page. There is no charge to join and no recurring membership fee. You will be subscribed to the Club’s email list so that you may be alerted to new Group Cruises created by the Club. After you complete the registration process our list manager will send you an email with this subject: Boomer+ Cruise Club: Please Confirm Subscription. You must confirm and remain on our email list to continue as a member of the Club.
Once you have access to the site you can join the discussion forum and review the cruises being planned by the members. Book either one of the Club’s group cruises or a cruise of your own choosing with the sponsoring agency. After your cruise sails you’ll earn cruise points. You will receive your financial incentive before, during or after the cruise.
There are three levels of membership based on cruise points earned:
Level 1: 0 – 15 cruise points
Level 2: 16 – 30 cruise points
Level 3: 31 or more cruise points
Cruise points are awarded as follows:
- One cruise point for every night you cruise on a sailing purchased from the sponsoring agency–Group Cruises Unlimited. Double those points when you purchase a suite. You earn an additional one half cruise point for every night you sail alone in a cabin in which you pay a higher single occupancy fare.
- One cruise point for purchasing the standard cancellation insurance from the sponsoring agency. Two cruise points when you purchase standard insurance for a suite.
- Five cruise points when you are the Organizer for a cruise that sails with a minimum of 8 cabins purchased from the sponsoring agency. Ten cruise points if the group sails with 16 cabins. The 8 and 16 cabin thresholds may be lowered to be consistent with the Tour Conductor allowance offered by the individual cruise line.
- One half cruise point for every night a new member recommended by you cruises on his first sailing purchased from the sponsoring agency.
Note: Those who have purchased cruises from the sponsoring agency in 2011 will be “grand-fathered” in and cruise points awarded per the criteria shown above.
Club Launch Special
You earn five cruise points when you join the Boomer+ Cruise Club during our launch period.
Financial incentives such as cash rebates, on board credits and free cancellation insurance are given to Club Members who purchase cabins on Club-sponsored group cruises or individual cruises through the sponsoring agency–Group Cruises Unlimited. The incentives will be greater for Group cruises than individual sailings. They are tiered: with the Level 3 Members receiving the greatest incentives and the Level 1 the least.
The incentive amount and type for Club-sponsored group cruises for each membership level will be published with the information on the cruise posts. For individual cruises, the incentive will be provided in a quote from the sponsoring agency.
In addition to the Financial Incentives above, Club Members who organize a Group Cruise for the club will receive Tour Conductor credit(s) from the cruise line for their efforts. The number of cabins needed to earn the TC credit and its monetary value is determined solely by the cruise line. When organizing a cruise the Club Member must commit to purchasing a cabin on the cruise regardless of whether the TC requirements are met or not.
We invite those qualified to register at the Membership Signup page.
Accredited Cruise Counsellor
Owner/Manager, Group Cruises Unlimited-a Veteran-Owned Business